Friday Ferial Faves // List 011: Travel Essentials
Merry Christmas from Tennessee! John and I are traveling this holiday to visit our family here and experience some real winter. We California-folk really have no idea what true cold is.
We are so happy to be with our family and happy to be traveling! We are big travel fans and are grateful to be able to get away now and then. I think there is no better place to people watch than at an airport. People are their real selves at an airport, and usually, they are experiencing some big emotions--anxiety, joy, excitement, anger, etc. Once I've gotten checked in and through security I like nothing better than a hot drink and some good people watching.
As I got all packed up for this trip I thought it would be fun to share my travel essentials. These are things that I carry in my personal item--in this case, my backpack--not in my hand luggage. And I would typically carry these items no matter where I was traveling to.
- Backpack: These days I'm carrying the Lo & Sons Hanover Backpack and I seriously love it. It's slim, low profile, has all the right pockets, and has memory foam straps. I prefer to carry a backpack when I'm traveling to keep my hands free and my shoulders pain-free.
- Crossbody purse: Tucked inside my backpack is a smaller crossbody purse, the Lo & Sons Pearl; purse inception! This purse acts as a crossbody, clutch, and carries smaller items. I like having a smaller purse with me when I travel for times when I may not want to carry my bigger backpack.
- My bullet journal: This baby comes with me everywhere, my Leuchtturm 1917 black, dotted notebook. I even wrote a post about why I love it so much!
- Snacks: To battle the hangry and the expensive airport prices. These Kind bars are a current fave.
- My iPad: For reading, writing, social media-ing, watching, art-ing, and entertainment of all sorts.
- My iPhone: digital boarding passes and Google Trips, and pretty much everything else. I kind of hate how much I am dependent on my iPhone.
- Zip pouch: Houses a few more pens and all of my charging cables and plugs. This one is from a favorite Etsy shop of mine.
- External Power Bank: A must have for traveling, this power bank can charge an iPhone 2-3 times and fully charge up an iPad. I got this one on Amazon.
- Headphones: I can't say enough good things about my Beats Solo 2 headphones--they're just wonderful, and perfect for travel!
- Emergen-C: Get behind me, germies.
- Water bottle: My Klean Kanteen goes with me everywhere, just remember to keep it empty until after going through security at the airport.
- Tea: I like carrying tea bags with me when I travel. It's a free alternative to the expensive airport coffee shops and a great way to ensure that you're drinking what you like on the plane. I'm a big fan of this red-leaf caramel tea right now.
- Blarf: Blanket-scarf. The very perfectest thing for planes. This one is from Target (and on-sale right now!).